Atrocity

Default I can't edit anything in my Excel spreadsheet!

I think I enabled safe mode permanently or something, many of the options are
greyed out, including save and such.

I cannot add or edit any existing data to the cells! Please help im racking
my brain!
Max

Maybe sheet/book protection is accidentally activated?

Click Tools Protection

Do you see:
Unprotect Sheet ..
Unprotect Workbook ..

If so, try clicking the above to toggle it off
(works only if there's no password set)
--
Rgds
Max
"Atrocity" wrote in message
I think I enabled safe mode permanently or something, many of the options

are
greyed out, including save and such.

I cannot add or edit any existing data to the cells! Please help im

racking
my brain!

Atrocity

I can get to Tools Protection but anything on the right of Protection is
Greyed out.

If this helps, I did a start/run excel /a and i have the same problem. cant
edit anything.

"Atrocity" wrote in message
I think I enabled safe mode permanently or something, many of the options

are
greyed out, including save and such.

I cannot add or edit any existing data to the cells! Please help im

racking
my brain!

Max

Try this post by Dave Peterson: http://tinyurl.com/b7q57

where he mentions 2 links, viz:
--
Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Article*s/StartupProblems.htm
--
I'm out here, but hang around for insights from others ..