dzeitler

Default Forecasting By Date

I track inspections that are required to be done to aircraft. diffferent
inspections have to be done at certain dates. I track these on a
spreadsheet. I have a column of dates about a mile long. Im trying to
get excel to show me only the inspections that are coming up in the
next 3 months(90 days) and filter out the rest. I am trying to do this
so I can record a macro to do this task at a click of a button. I would
greatly appreciate any help....

--
dzeitler
dzeitler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24019

MrShorty

It sounds to me like an Autofilter (Data -- Filter -- Autofilter)
should work for you. Could be automated with a Macro if desired, but
it works pretty easily without a macro. Once set up, you click the
arrow for the Date column, select your filter criteria, and it hides
all rows that don't meet the criteria.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181

olasa

Here are two options:

A2: Inspection date

Put this in a new column:
=DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"D")
...or this:
=IF(DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"D")<90,"Insp. in 90days","")

Then use Autofilter to filter all dates that are Less then 90
The second option could, also be used together with a PivotTable

Hope this helped
Ola Sandström

--
olasa