timtak

Default How to COnvert text string to number

Thanks.

I did not know the meaning of "special paste add"

But it would be nice to know how to do the same with an excel function.

Is there something like
=num(a1)
which would turn a string, even a string, even a null string into ta
number?

There is no need to answer my post since I used the paste function
suggested.
But to say thank you and for the sake of future viewers I leave you all
with this
question.

Thanks again,
Tim

--
timtakPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Ron de Bruin

Hi

=A13*1

With trailing negatives

=IF(ISNUMBER(A25*1),A25*1,IF(A25="","",-LEFT(A25,LEN(A25)-1)))

More options are in this Beta Add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/datarefiner.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"timtak" <timtak.1q222m@ wrote in message ...

Thanks.

I did not know the meaning of "special paste add"

But it would be nice to know how to do the same with an excel function.

Is there something like
=num(a1)
which would turn a string, even a string, even a null string into ta
number?

There is no need to answer my post since I used the paste function
suggested.
But to say thank you and for the sake of future viewers I leave you all
with this
question.

Thanks again,
Tim

--
timtakPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

TomHinkle

I just use the following

If my 'text' number is in A1

in B1 I have the formula

= A1 + 0

works like a charm..

"timtak" wrote:

Thanks.

I did not know the meaning of "special paste add"

But it would be nice to know how to do the same with an excel function.

Is there something like
=num(a1)
which would turn a string, even a string, even a null string into ta
number?

There is no need to answer my post since I used the paste function
suggested.
But to say thank you and for the sake of future viewers I leave you all
with this
question.

Thanks again,
Tim

--
timtakPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Anki

If you know the target cell(s) can be converted to a number (i.e. it is not a
mix of text and number), you can simply use the value function: VALUE(C2) if
C2 contains your number in text format.