kings

Default Excel devides every number by 100

Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back.
I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is
very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.

thanks
Julian Mattay

"?B?a2luZ3M=?="
wrote in
:

Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5)
and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell
format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and
adding loads of work to my project.

thanks

G'day,

In Tools\Options\Edit turn off Fixed decimal
If that doesn't help, I don't know.

Cheers,
Julian

--
Julian Mattay, email: julian x mattay z csiro x au
(where x - dot, z - at)

Accountant

kings Wrote:
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05
back.
I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea?
it is
very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.

thanks

Hi

I had just the same problem about two years ago, and all changes in
Eccel options did not help. I thought had an excel macro virus. etc.!
The problem has then been resolved, but I have to remeber how
Sorry that does not help, hopefully me or somebody else could write you
back shortly

--
Accountant
Accountant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22662