R.VENKATARAMAN

Default get external data

I am trying to get a .txt file under
<data-getexternaldata-newdatabasequery. I succeeded in downloading that
text flle. I undestand it is possible to get that data direct into columns ,
instead downloadings that file and using texttocolumns .

any suggestions. The information is perhaps avilable in <help-ODBC setup
I am unable to get at that help

thanks and regards.

CyberTaz

You neglected to mention which version of Excel you are using, and that can
make a difference. You may be able to simply Open the text file and use a
Wizard to set the columns if the data isn't compliant with comma, tab, or
other common delimiters.

Regards |:)