Negative numbers in brackets

Default Formatting negative numbers in Excel

I'm sorry guys but I have tried all these options as well as restarting Excel
and the options for negatives in brackets are still not achievable. It
surprises me really that this is not the defualt.

"Cutter" wrote:

Click on FormatCells...Number Tab
Under Category click on Number
Choose your format from the window on the right side

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848

Negative numbers in brackets

I've done both suggestions and no success. I am in Australia region. Also how
do I make certain customisations to automically apply to all worksheets I
open by default

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Re-read my post.

The change in Regional Options is done under "Currency" not "Number".

Gord

"Cutter" wrote:

Click on FormatCells...Number Tab
Under Category click on Number
Choose your format from the window on the right side

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=276405

Bryan Hessey

When all else fails, there is the somewhat nasty option of defining a
CUSTOM entry of
which should produce your required result

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=276405