jrd269

Default trying to email .xla inside/with .xls

I am using an add-in for excel that is not created by Microsoft. I can
use it on my machine with no problem, but when I email the document the
add-in doesn't go with it. Is there anyway I can encapsulate the .xla
and .ini files inside a .xls file.
On my machine I have got it to work by Tools/Add-ins/Browse then select
file, I have also done to Tools/Options/General tab/then "at start up,
open all files in:"
Both ways work on my machine, but they won't save add-in.
Any suggestions? I would like to be able to email the .xls file and
have them use the add-in without have to load it seperately.
-Joe

--
jrd269
jrd269's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23815

Ron de Bruin

Hi Joe

No this is not possible
The user must install the add-in

You can also use macro's in your file
See : http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jrd269" wrote in message

I am using an add-in for excel that is not created by Microsoft. I can
use it on my machine with no problem, but when I email the document the
add-in doesn't go with it. Is there anyway I can encapsulate the .xla
and .ini files inside a .xls file.
On my machine I have got it to work by Tools/Add-ins/Browse then select
file, I have also done to Tools/Options/General tab/then "at start up,
open all files in:"
Both ways work on my machine, but they won't save add-in.
Any suggestions? I would like to be able to email the .xls file and
have them use the add-in without have to load it seperately.
-Joe

--
jrd269
jrd269's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23815
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375744

jrd269

under which one of those links should I look for the macros?
-Joe

--
jrd269
jrd269's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23815
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375744

Ron de Bruin

under which one of those links should I look for the macros?

All <g

I don't know what you want to do so I can't tell you which one you need

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl