Wolfgang Wagner

Default Problem with Excel-VBA - Open Command after SP3

Hi,

I have following problem. I've programmed an application for a customer in
EXCEL-VBA with several text-file outputs.

The source-code is as below:

Public Sub StartSeiteErstellen()

Dim fileNr

mDateiName = Pfad_AktKatalog & "Katalog.htm"

mstrHTML_Kopf1 = Range("HTML_StartSeite_Kopf").Value

mstrHTML_Kopf1 = mstrHTML_Kopf1 & Range("HTML_StartSeite_Body").Value

mstrHTML_Kopf1 = mstrHTML_Kopf1 & Range("HTML_StartSeite_Fuß").Value

mstrHTML_Kopf1 = fVariablenErsetzen(mstrHTML_Kopf1)

' Datei-Ausgeben:

fileNr = FreeFile

Open mDateiName For Output As fileNr

Print #fileNr, mstrHTML_Kopf1

Close #fileNr

Exit Sub

The variable " Pfad_AktKatalog " is beeing valued (filled) by a cell of an
worksheet.

I developed this application with Excel 2000 (without any SP) and the
customer uses Excel as well.

Up to now everything went right, until the customer istalled Office-SP3 and
got, while executing the OPEN, the " ERROR 53 - File not Found "

The most curious thing is, that when I use the Excel-File from the customer
( where he only changed the output paths within the Worksheet )on my PC, I
also get the same error message ! The program itself runs on 90% of the PCs
we tested, but on a few with the Office SP3.

Does anybody know about this bug, can anybody help in this matter ?

One thing more, please don't joke with changing on "Filesystem Object". ;)

Thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson

I'd guess that the value in that cell isn't what you expect. If it contains a
mapped drive letter and folder, maybe that user doesn't use that letter for that
drive.

I'd look there first before doing much with the code.

--

Dave Peterson