nhvwchic

Default Need Workbook and Worksheet definitions

I am doing a small in-office training tomorrow on the basics of Excel. I
would really like to have good definitions of what a workbook and a worksheet
is in Excel. Though I know what they are, I do not know how to word it so
beginners will have a good understanding. I have searched online and have
come up empty handed. Thank you in advance for your time and reply.
--
My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice.
Bob Phillips

or a workbook is the file, worksheets are the pages

or a workbook is the card index, worksheets are the cards

not quite as esoteric as Don's :-)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
how about
A workbook is the house and worksheets are the rooms.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nhvwchic" wrote in message
I am doing a small in-office training tomorrow on the basics of Excel.

would really like to have good definitions of what a workbook and a

worksheet
is in Excel. Though I know what they are, I do not know how to word it

so
beginners will have a good understanding. I have searched online and

have
come up empty handed. Thank you in advance for your time and reply.
--
My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice.

goodpasture

A WORKBOOK IS ...

an Excel document containing one or more Excel worksheets or
spreadsheets

A WORKSHEET (OR MORE GENERICALLY SPEAKING A SPREADSHEET) IS...

an electronic document divided into rows and columns that is used
to calculate,
analyze and present data.

You can also try googling for "excel terms" or "excel definitions" and
that might get you somewhere also.

--
goodpasture
goodpasture's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23898

bigwheel

"nhvwchic" wrote:

I am doing a small in-office training tomorrow on the basics of Excel. I
would really like to have good definitions of what a workbook and a worksheet
is in Excel. Though I know what they are, I do not know how to word it so
beginners will have a good understanding. I have searched online and have
come up empty handed. Thank you in advance for your time and reply.
--
My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice.

A worksheet is a page, a workbook is a collection of one or more pages, much
the same as paper books ...