M.Siler

Default What's wrong with my array formula

In A1 I have

100
200
300
400
500
600
700
800
900
1000
1100
1200
1300
1400
1500
1600
1700
1800
1900
2000
2100
2200
2300
2400
2500

In D1 I have

200
400
600
800
1000
1200
1400
1600
1800
2000
2200
2400

In E1 I have

I want to match the value in Col A with Col B and were equal copy from Col E
that is next to the matching value in Col D to Col B next to the matching
value in Col A. Did that make any sense??

Here what I'd hope for where the numbers are column A and the letters are in
column B.

100
200 A
300
400 B
500
600 C
700
800 D
900
1000 E
1100
1200 F
1300
1400 G
1500
1600 H
1700
1800 I
1900
2000 J
2100
2200 K
2300
2400 L
2500

Here is the formula I tried but only worked in B2

B1 has this formula
{=IF(A1=$D$1:$D$12,$E$1:$E$12,"")}
B2 has this formula
{=IF(A2=$D$1:$D$12,$E$1:$E$12,"")}
B3 has this formula
{=IF(A3=$D$1:$D$12,$E$1:$E$12,"")}
etc.

What have I done wrong?

N Harkawat

A simple Vlookup in cell B2 gives me the result that you are seeking.
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,$D$1:$E$12,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2 ,$D$1:$E$12,2,0))
and copy it all the way down column B

Is there something else that you want ? Am I missing something here?

"M.Siler" wrote in message
[...]

RagDyer

There's really no need for an array formula.

Try this Vlookup formula in B1, and copy down:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,$D$1:$D$12,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,$D$ 1:$E$12,2,0))
--
HTH,

RD