Malainie

Default Automatic skipping

I need to enter an 8 digit number, with one number per cell. It gets old
having to hit a number, then the tab, then the number...you get my drift. Is
there anyway to set up a formula or something so that after I enter the one
number, it automatically jumps to the next cell, etc? (I used to be able to
set up a skip field on the old keypunch machines programming. Surely there is
some way I can do this in Excel.
Biff

Hi!

Insert a helper column to the left of the eight other
columns.

Assume that is column A and you enter this one 8 digit
number in A2.

A2 = 12345678

In B2 enter this formula and copy across to I2:

=--MID($A2,COLUMN(A:A),1)

Biff

I need to enter an 8 digit number, with one number per

cell. It gets old
having to hit a number, then the tab, then the

number...you get my drift. Is
there anyway to set up a formula or something so that

after I enter the one
number, it automatically jumps to the next cell, etc? (I

used to be able to
set up a skip field on the old keypunch machines

programming. Surely there is
some way I can do this in Excel.
.

hrushi

Or u can use following formula also,
in a2 cell
=INT(A1/10000000)
in a3 cell
=INT(A2/1000000)-B2*10
in a4 cell
=INT(A2/100000)-B2*100-C2*10

like wise.

This may be more useful incase digit is number

Regards.

"Biff" wrote:

[...]

Jim May

Franks, thanks (as usual) for your input.
one question... does the "--" preceding the mid()
statement coerce what would be string values into numeric values?
Am I saying this right?
TIA,
and Happy New Year to you

"Biff" wrote in message
[...]

Jim May

Excuse,,, just revisited my message.. Biff, you're not Frank
I suppose I'd just finished an extended Q/A with Frank and
hadn't reset the variable from Frank to Biff.. LOL
Still thanks BIFF !!! and the same message applies of course
to you and yours,
HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2005 !!