**- kingdom -**

Default colums in xcel

Hi group newbie here

I have a list of names and telephone numbers of over 300 people

the data only forms 2 cells per entry so is quite small

what I want to do is to a 'wrap' facility on each page, so the data is
displayed in 2 colums on each page, thus saving space when pronting the
data, making sure that the list is still in alphabetical order on each page,
spreading over the 2 colums, then continuing on the next page, is this
possible?

TIA

Dave Peterson

MSWord has this ability built in.

You should be able to copy your two column range into word, then use word's
built in Format|Columns to make it print nice.

And you can sort lists within msword.

--

Dave Peterson
bj

one way to do it is to have a Display or print page and a data page

if on your data page the information in in columns A and B and you Call the
page Data

format the sheets on your display page and where you want the names put
=indirect("Data!A2")
and next to it
=indirect("Data!B2")

do this same think for each of the locations you want the names and addresses.
because of the not wanting to retype in each cell you might make the
equaitions be something like
=indirect("Data!A"&(Row()-4)) if your first row for display were 6 and your
first data row were 2

the next column of data would be if 25 names were in the first column
=indirect("Data!A"&(Row()+21))