hw

Default formula that calculates upon saving only

I need a formula that will only calculate when the page is saved with "save
as" only. This will be a reconcile spreadsheet for a retail store. I want the
petty cash end of day (H21) to become the petty cash start of day(J3), for
the next day. Is this possible? I want it to only work for "save as" b/c the
managers will be opening and closing this spreadsheet all day, so they will
have to save but I think they could use "save" for that & "save as" the final
time.
TomHinkle

I don't know if you can differentiate between save and save as.

But, in listening to your whole problem, I'd just make a macro button for
them to push that would run your special macro.

"hw" wrote:

I need a formula that will only calculate when the page is saved with "save
as" only. This will be a reconcile spreadsheet for a retail store. I want the
petty cash end of day (H21) to become the petty cash start of day(J3), for
the next day. Is this possible? I want it to only work for "save as" b/c the
managers will be opening and closing this spreadsheet all day, so they will
have to save but I think they could use "save" for that & "save as" the final
time.

hw

Thanks Tom,
I am really having problems with Macro. I am not that skilled. Do you know
of a quick instruction page. I've been using a book but its's made for 2003
not 2002. Any help you can provide is appreciated.