Dharsh

Default Sort data for graph only

Hi there! I neet to plot a simple graph with the data below

Candidate Score
A 4
B 3
C 7
D 1

The relevent numbers (are actually scores) keep getting updated for each
candidate. I want my graph to plot it in the order of highest score to
lowest (whilst keeping my spreadsheet in the same order A,B,C,D . . .)
every time I update the score (automatically) without me having to change it
everytime I do it.
I have 32 entries. Can I use a macro to do this
Can anyone pls help me plssssssssssss

Thanks so much in anticipation

Dharshanie

BobT

Hi
You don't need a macro.
Assuming you're entries are in columns A and B, Headers in row 1,

Repeat your headers in C1 and D1
In E2 =RANK(B2,B$2:B$33)
In E3 =RANK(B3,B$2:B$33)+COUNTIF(B$2:B2,B3)
Copy E3 to E3:E33
In C2 =INDEX(A$2:A$33,MATCH(ROW(A2)-1,$E$2:$E$33,0))
Copy C2 to C2:D33
The source data for your graph is C1:D33

You might have to format the axis on your graph "categories in reverse
order" and "axis crosses at maximum category"

Bob