Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Two Instances

HI,
I'm using two monitors.
I need to have two(2) instances (separate spreadsheets) on my screens, one
spreadsheet on one
and different spreadsheet on the other.
I'm using Excel 2010 (student).

How do I allow/tell XL to allow more than one instance?

OR
How do I transfer/copy the data on sheet 3 of spreadsheet 1 to sheet 4 of
spreadsheet 2?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx

OR

You said the magic word...........copy from 1 to 2 while having both
workbooks open.

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 18:11:22 +1000, "Mario" wrote:

HI,
I'm using two monitors.
I need to have two(2) instances (separate spreadsheets) on my screens, one
spreadsheet on one
and different spreadsheet on the other.
I'm using Excel 2010 (student).

How do I allow/tell XL to allow more than one instance?

OR
How do I transfer/copy the data on sheet 3 of spreadsheet 1 to sheet 4 of
spreadsheet 2?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gord,
I can have both workbooks open but only one at a time is visible.
I need to have both workbooks open and visible, one on each screen.
Therefore I need two instances of excel, one on each screen.
I know I can open both workbooks in the one instance of excel and switch
between them but that's not
what I need.

Mario
..

"Gord" wrote in message
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx

OR

You said the magic word...........copy from 1 to 2 while having both
workbooks open.

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 18:11:22 +1000, "Mario" wrote:

HI,
I'm using two monitors.
I need to have two(2) instances (separate spreadsheets) on my screens, one
spreadsheet on one
and different spreadsheet on the other.
I'm using Excel 2010 (student).

How do I allow/tell XL to allow more than one instance?

OR
How do I transfer/copy the data on sheet 3 of spreadsheet 1 to sheet 4 of
spreadsheet 2?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chip explains how to view two workbooks side by side.

The second way to use multiple monitors is to display one Workbook in
each monitor. Stretch the Excel Application window across all your
displays as described above. Then click the Window Restore button to
put the Workbook window in a sizable state. Drag the title bar of each
workbook window to the appropriate location within the Application
window. Using multiple monitors in this manner allows you to view two
or more workbooks side by side.

Is that not what you needed? No switching involved.

Gord

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:46:40 +1000, "Mario" wrote:

Thanks Gord,
I can have both workbooks open but only one at a time is visible.
I need to have both workbooks open and visible, one on each screen.
Therefore I need two instances of excel, one on each screen.
I know I can open both workbooks in the one instance of excel and switch
between them but that's not
what I need.

Mario
.