Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Answers Forum login problem?

Rick, Ron et al,

I cannot log into the MS Answers Forum at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel .

Are you also having a problem?

When I log in, after a l-o-n-g delay (perhaps 1 min), I get a pop-up
labeled Answers Sign Up, One More Step. I must select "I accept
Answers Code of Conduct".

When I click Submit, the button is greyed out, which usually indicates
that the form has been transmitted (albeit not necessarily completely
or successfully). But it remains in that state for a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g,
now 3 min for sure -- all the time while I have been writing this.

I have no problem logging into hotmail.com, which uses the same login
and ostensibly the same login procedure (up to a point).

I thought about creating a new login id, if only to post the problem
to the Answers Feedback forum. But I am faced with the same
interminable delays.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 7, 9:38*am, joeu2004 wrote:
I cannot log into the MS Answers Forum at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel.
Are you also having a problem?

I meant to add that I was suspicious of my computer because my
keyboard has been flakey lately. Sometimes, tapping the touchpad or
pressing the left-click button does not seem to work.

But I notice that the most-recently reply in the Answers Excel forum
was posted 8h 46m ago (from now). Given that today is a workday and
we are well into the day, especially on the US east coast, I feel more
confident that the problem is not mine (or my ISP).

If any MVP sees this, it might be helpful to ping your MS technical
contacts to ask the Answers Forum supporters to take a look-see.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cannot log into the MS Answers Forum at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel.
Are you also having a problem?

If any MVP sees this, it might be helpful to ping your
MS technical contacts to ask the Answers Forum
supporters to take a look-see.

I cannot log into the Answers Forum either. It is hard for me to believe
that Microsoft does not know it is down. My guess it is under some kind of
attack, but that is only a guess (based on some of the other major sites
that have been attacked recently). I'll fire a note to my Lead anyway.

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 7, 9:54*am, "Rick Rothstein"
I cannot log into the Answers Forum either.

[....]
I'll fire a note to my Lead anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll mark this as "answered" :-).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'll mark this as "answered" :-).

LOL

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:38:50 -0700 (PDT), joeu2004 wrote:

[...]

Nope, I have not been able to log in most of the day. I just tried it again, going to http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...?prof=required
and this time got a page stating:

===============================
We are sorry...

The page you requested is not available at this time.

You can try the following:

Search Answers
Go to the Answers home page
=====================================
If I try to navigate to the Answers home page, I am waiting, waiting, waiting ... and it eventually returns to the same message.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

[...]

and the USENET newsgroups just keep on working <grin

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hear, Hear<g

Gord

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:12:02 -0500, "Clif McIrvin"
wrote:

and the USENET newsgroups just keep on working <grin

--
Clif McIrvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 7, 10:21*am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:54*am, "Rick Rothstein"

I cannot log into the Answers Forum either.

[....]
I'll fire a note to my Lead anyway.

Don't know if your note did the trick, but the problem was finally
remedied at least as of 11:22 AM PDT, but probably 1h 47m earlier,
based on posting times.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 7, 11:23*am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Jun 7, 10:21*am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:54*am, "Rick Rothstein"
I cannot log into the Answers Forum either.

[....]
I'll fire a note to my Lead anyway.

Don't know if your note did the trick, but the problem was finally
remedied at least as of 11:22 AM PDT, but probably 1h 47m earlier,
based on posting times.

Spoke too soon. Although I can login, I cannot submit a response.
That seems odd because apparently others have been able to post
questions and response in the interim. Oh well....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:14:09 -0700, Gord Dibben wrote:

Hear, Hear<g

But MS won't
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:35:49 -0700 (PDT), joeu2004 wrote:

On Jun 7, 11:23*am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Jun 7, 10:21*am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:54*am, "Rick Rothstein"
I cannot log into the Answers Forum either.
[....]
I'll fire a note to my Lead anyway.

Don't know if your note did the trick, but the problem was finally
remedied at least as of 11:22 AM PDT, but probably 1h 47m earlier,
based on posting times.

Spoke too soon. Although I can login, I cannot submit a response.
That seems odd because apparently others have been able to post
questions and response in the interim. Oh well....

And I still cannot get to the site, but I did just get a request to fill out a survey <g
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:35:49 -0700 (PDT), joeu2004 wrote:

On Jun 7, 11:23*am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Jun 7, 10:21*am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:54*am, "Rick Rothstein"
I cannot log into the Answers Forum either.
[....]
I'll fire a note to my Lead anyway.

Don't know if your note did the trick, but the problem was finally
remedied at least as of 11:22 AM PDT, but probably 1h 47m earlier,
based on posting times.

Spoke too soon. Although I can login, I cannot submit a response.
That seems odd because apparently others have been able to post
questions and response in the interim. Oh well....

Well, there was a survey with a bunch of questions about my "experience" today. I filled it out, reflecting my negative experience. On the final page, it said to press the "Submit" button. Unfortunately, there was no Submit button <sigh.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:14:09 -0700, Gord Dibben wrote:

Hear, Hear<g

But MS won't

Their (bad :) ) choice. Their loss. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:14:09 -0700, Gord Dibben
wrote:

Hear, Hear<g

But MS won't

A disapointment, but the world goes on.

I do want to thank you guys that take the trouble to stay connected in
both. Your presence and contributions here are much appreciated!

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron Rosenfeld explained on 6/7/2011 :
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:14:09 -0700, Gord Dibben wrote:

Hear, Hear<g

But MS won't

Amen! ..to Clif's remark. Your time/effort invested here is highly
appreciated...

--
Garry