Junior Member

Default Rows to columns keeping data integrity

Hi everyone, thanks for any help you can give in advance. *

I have a list of data, relating to a public consultation. Each row represents a part of a written response. I.e a1 is a unique id b1 responder name c1 responder category d1 part of the response. Each part of a response is mapped to a theme e.g zoology studies and is in column e1. However, each response could have multiple themes, so f1 could be zoo maintenance and so forth up to 5 different themes. I need to get each theme from the columns into individual rows, but with the information as in a1:d1. So, the sheet would show all themes in column e, but as in the example above, zoology studies and zoo maintenance would have separate rows, but the same data in columns a:d. Is there a way of doing this automatically?

I have copied some examples of how the sheet is now, and how I would like it to look.

See attached pic via link, many thanks for your help.

FYI as a charity we don't have skills, resources etc to get someone in to help, so we are a little desperate!!

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2eas6r6.jpg

Last edited by Monkeydt : February 15th 11 at 11:20 AM Reason: change to link
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydt View Post
[...]

Dear Monkeydt, Good Afternoon.

I believe I can help you.

Plesase, to easier my help attach the worksheet (NOT the image).
To do this, compact the worksheet as a ZIP file before attaching.

OR

Save your worksheet at a free site like, www.4shared.com, and put the link here.
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,