John Smith

Default Landcodes in column A transferred to Continent codes in column B

Hi everybody

I receive weekly big Data with land codes, e.g.
A B
1 D code should write EU here
2 CH also EU
3 VE code should write LA (Latin America)
4 AR also LA
5 BR also LA
6 US code shoud write NA (North America)
7 CDN also NA
etc. ... ...

Thus I can apply a filter then, to make my data more readable and grouped by
continent.
I hope a Guru of yours here can be helful to me and shows me ther formulas
or code for this task.

Many thanks in advance, Mick

Pat Flynn

John,
You can accomplish this with a VLOOKUP table. Create your table on a
separate sheet in the same workbook.
D EU
CH EU
VE LA
AR LA
BR LA
US NA
CDN NA
Use the following formula "=VLOOKUP(D13,$D$13:$E$19,2,FALSE)" to refer to
your table-Note yours will point to a differnt sheet with Sheet1! before the
cell references. Easiest to use the function wizard. This will put the
pointers in place for you.
Good Luck
Pat