Junior Member

Question Combining an IF function and Median Function

I have a list of 3288 items, I want to find the median of FCFY those items with a p/e value greater than one. There are 2 columns: p/e value and FCFY.

I think the formula should look like this but it doesn't work..

=IF(B4:B32881,MEDIAN(C4:C3288))
English: Find the median of C's value for all B's that are greater than 1.

Thanks for your help!!
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodie View Post
I have a list of 3288 items, I want to find the median of FCFY those items with a p/e value greater than one. There are 2 columns: p/e value and FCFY.
I think the formula should look like this but it doesn't work..
=IF(B4:B32881,MEDIAN(C4:C3288))
English: Find the median of C's value for all B's that are greater than 1.
Thanks for your help!!
Dear Wodie, Good Morning.

Try this one: =MEDIAN(IF(B4:B32881:C4:C3288))
This is a MATRICIAL FORMULA.

ATTENTION:
Don´t type ENTER after to type the fórmula.

TYPE: SHIFT + CTRL + ENTER

After it the formula will looks like this:
{=MEDIAN(IF(B4:B32881:C4:C3288))}

Teel me if it worked for you.
Fell free to ask anything about it.
I hope it can help you.