wyh wyh is offline
Junior Member

Default how to run a macro automatically at fixed time interval

Hi,

I am doing a spreadheet design to record the mass of liquid that changes every fixed time interval. The value of the mass of liquid is obtained from a spreadsheet table called table A and after 5 mins, I have to enter that value of the mass of liquid manually into another sreadsheet table called table B in the same worksheet that contains table A.

I intend to create a spreadsheet that records the mass of liquid from cell A1 of table A and insert it into cell b1 of table B. Hence, cell B1 will contain the liquid mass 5 mins after start time. I also intend to have cell B2 to contain the liquid mass value 5 mins after cell B1 has recorded the liquid mass. This goes on until the mass of liquid stops in one of the cells of table B. Hopefully, this will create a list of liquid masses that are 5 mins in between in table B.

The only way that I can figure out to solve this is to create a macro that runs every 5 mins and updates the cells in table B progressively from B1 onwards.

The liquid mass in cell A1 of table A records the value by the formula =SUM($D$3:D3). This formula actually sums the liquid mass values that are obtained from an addin but my task is just to record cell A1 into table B.

I would therefore request any help that maybe available to solve this problem. Any assistance and suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wyh