Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Curt D.

Default Run a macro automatically at a certain time

What I am trying to do is have a macro run at a certain time and save it
automatically. I have the save portion figured out but I can't seam to get
it to run at a certain time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

I generally make it an Auto_Open macro (to execute whenever the file is
opened), then set the Excel file to run as a Windows Scheduled Task.

"Curt D." wrote:

What I am trying to do is have a macro run at a certain time and save it
automatically. I have the save portion figured out but I can't seam to get
it to run at a certain time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Start Control Panel Scheduled Tasks. Click Add Scheduled Task. Click
Next, then choose your Excel workbook. Select the frequency and the time.
Enter your password (note that you'll have to maintain this as your logon
password changes). Click Next, select 'open advanced properties...' and
click Finish.
To allow this to run unattended, you've also got to avoid the security
warning. The preferred way to do this is to leave your macro security at
medium (tools macros security), sign your macro (use selfcert.exe and
select your certificate from the VB Editor, tools digital signature...) and
choose to trust yourself when you next open the macro file.