Rodster

Default autoshapes

Does the Flowchart "rectangle" function permit to vertically center align?
If yes, how?
Kassie

Hi Rodster

Yes it does?

Select all the rectangles you want to align vertically, click on Draw|Align
or Distribute|Align Center.

To centre horizontally (who would ever want to do that) Click on Draw|Align
or Distribute|Align Middle

"Rodster" wrote:

Does the Flowchart "rectangle" function permit to vertically center align?
If yes, how?

Rodster

Thank you Kassie for your instructions. Howerver, I failed to specify in my
original question that what I am unable to to do is vertically center text
within the flowchart object and not the object themselves.

I would be most apreciative if you or anybody can provide instructions to
achieve this.

"Rodster" wrote:

Does the Flowchart "rectangle" function permit to vertically center align?
If yes, how?

Kassie

Hi Rodster

Draw the rectangle the size you want. With the rectangle still selected,
click on the text box icon, click inside the rectangle and enter your text.
Right click on the selection frame of the rectangle, click on Format
autoshape, select the Alignment Tab, and set vertical alignment to center.
You can also set horizontal alignment the same way, or do it while you are
still in this window.

"Rodster" wrote:

Does the Flowchart "rectangle" function permit to vertically center align?
If yes, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, but coding in VBA, and have done evething
stated here to get text to center in the textframe of the shape. And, it
works until I make the shape too small at which time the character's top are
the only part visisble as the character disappers as the shape gets smaller.
On another computer, at home, with Excell 2007 I don't get this problem, so I
know it's not the size of the shape causing the character to disapper out the
bottom (on one occasion it disappears out the top as it gets too small). My
work computer has excell 2003 and seems to cause this problem. Any help
would be appreciated.