Junior Member

Default producing a cost matrix

Apologies in advance to the forum members for my lack of knowledge. I would really be obliged if I can get help on this problem. We make bespoke windows for a living.

I have to produce a height and width cost table and from that I can produce a price list by simply adding a profit margin to each size window.

Width starts at 300 (mm) and goes up in 100mm increments to 1600.

Height starts at 500 and goes up to 3000 again in 100mm increments.

I have a seperate sheet (a cutting sheet) that calculates the cost of the frame when you enter a given height figure and a width figure. The sheet calculates through all the given sections at their different sizes and hardware required and adds it all together giving me that final item cost.

To save me entering each size and recording the cost in to each cell of the cost table is there a way of automating the cost so that the cells fill up. In other words the cutting sheet size inputs are are taken from the height and width values on the cost table.

Thanking you for your kind help in advance,

Stuart
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUART BRAID View Post
[...]

Could you attach the sample workbook here? Please attach it as a zip file.
__________________
Asobi Wa Owari Da
Junior Member

Could you attach the sample workbook here? Please attach it as a zip file.

Thankyou for your speedy reply.

I have not attached anyhting to the site before so please bear with me whilst I get the work sheet ready to send to you.

Thank you again

Stuart
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUART BRAID View Post
Could you attach the sample workbook here? Please attach it as a zip file.

Thankyou for your speedy reply.

I have not attached anyhting to the site before so please bear with me whilst I get the work sheet ready to send to you.

Thank you again

Stuart
I can see how to attach now. Just got to ZIP the file. Please bear with me.
Junior Member

[quote=STUART BRAID;959334]I can see how to attach now. Just got to ZIP the file. Please bear with me.

Hope I have done this right.
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip (39.6 KB, 107 views)

Senior Member

Location: Philippines

[quote=STUART BRAID;959335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUART BRAID View Post
I can see how to attach now. Just got to ZIP the file. Please bear with me.

Hope I have done this right.
Darn! Your Height and Width have a lot of dependent formulated cells and it would have a very, very, very. very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong formula per cell.
__________________
Asobi Wa Owari Da
Junior Member

[quote=wickedchew;959363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUART BRAID View Post

Darn! Your Height and Width have a lot of dependent formulated cells and it would have a very, very, very. very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong formula per cell.
That's what I thought having done something like this before.

Any suggestions as to a 'quick' way?

Cheers

Stuart
Junior Member

[...]