Junior Member

Post change date format year to another (e.g., from 1/2/2010 to 1/2/2009)

I have scanned in bank statements from previous years (e.g., 2009, 2008), using PDF2XL Enterprise. The original bank statement (Chevy Chase Bank / Capital One) has the date format as "dd-mmm", such as "24-Aug", with no year, either four or two digits. When I convert the scanned bank statements from 2009, for example, using PDF2XL Enterprise, as I did this week, it converts the date to 2010. I got the hang of the number representation of the date (i.e., 40414 = August 14, 2010). Is there a way to convert an already converted PDF that was scanned in using the 24-Aug (dd-mmm) date format and converted by Excel to 8/24/2010 into the correct date from the bank statement, i.e., 8/24/2009? Obviously, I could manually change the date, or I could create separate spreadsheets and use the dd/mm format (i.e., 8/24) in column A (hiding /2010) and create Column B and insert "2009" for each transaction that actually occurred in 2009. But I would have to have separate Excel spreadsheets for each year to do any meaningful sorting.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger317 View Post
[...]

Hi,

Check out the function =Date(Year,Month,Day)

You could to break 8/24 into two columns using,for example, "Text to Columns"

Educo