Junior Member

Default find dependent files

Hi

I have a file that has been used by multiple users to lookup information from. I need to clean this file up however as there is a lot of old information in it that is no longer used and it has become rather large, but I can't just delete data as this may mess up other peoples files that are looking into this one. Is there some way I can generate a list of all the files that are dependent upon it, so I can work out which bits are currently being used? I have tried using the formula auditor but there are too many columns / rows whith lots of different formula, so it is taking too long.

- I don't want to find the links I need to find other peoples files that have links to this file.

Thanks

Vicky

Last edited by Vixstar : July 26th 10 at 11:34 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixstar View Post
Hi

I have a file that has been used by multiple users to lookup information from. I need to clean this file up however as there is a lot of old information in it that is no longer used and it has become rather large, but I can't just delete data as this may mess up other peoples files that are looking into this one. Is there some way I can generate a list of all the files that are dependent upon it, so I can work out which bits are currently being used? I have tried using the formula auditor but there are too many columns / rows whith lots of different formula, so it is taking too long.

- I don't want to find the links I need to find other peoples files that have links to this file.

Thanks

Vicky
Hi,

How big is "Rather large"?? Do you need to clean it up, or is it better to work on cleaning up the whole process??

That said, VBA could be used to perform this task, generating a report that lists all cells in file X that have the dependencies you seek.

Educo