Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can text too long for cell NOT carry over into cells after it?

I have a cell with a full sentence in it. The cell is too small for that
sentence so of course it carries over the cells to the right of it to display
the whole sentence. Is there a way to have the sentences only show as much
as the width of the cell its in? For my purpose of about 20 columns per
record, it would just be a lot easier if i can have all the cells as small as
i can to work with because it will be imported into another program
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out the options from Format Cells dialog

Select cellsRight clickFormatCells'Alignment' tabText control..'Wrap text'

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)