Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to transpose a long list of text across cells

Hello,

I need to tranpose a long list of text values that I have running from
A1:A400 into A1 - XX#

When I try to paste special it tells me that the cells are not the same
width.

Is there any way around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does this help:

=INDEX($A:$A,COLUMNS($A:A))

And drag across.
--

HTH,

RD

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I need to tranpose a long list of text values that I have running from
A1:A400 into A1 - XX#

When I try to paste special it tells me that the cells are not the same
width.

Is there any way around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately there are only 256 columns in an excel sheet. That's why
selecting 400 cells will give you that error. You pretty much just have to
transpose that into two rows. A1:A256 in one row, A257:A400 in the next row.

-Simon