Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel not opening documents correctly

I double click an Excel file in windows explorer, Excel starts, but the file
doesn't open. Minimize Excel and then maximize and the file is open.

Using 2007. Any help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"s.edwards" wrote:

I double click an Excel file in windows explorer, Excel starts, but the file
doesn't open. Minimize Excel and then maximize and the file is open.

Using 2007. Any help would be appreciated

let me add...

that I've made sure "Ignore other applications" is unchecked and ran the
excel.exe /unregserver and excel.exe /regserver and that didn't make any
difference.

When the file is double clicked, and Excel opens blank, if I minimize the
application to the window bar, the maximize it, the file appears. Then, when
I close the application, there is another version of a blank (ie, no
worksheet) Excel running. Odd.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.edwards View Post
I double click an Excel file in windows explorer, Excel starts, but the file
doesn't open. Minimize Excel and then maximize and the file is open.

Using 2007. Any help would be appreciated

here is one workaround.
in excel 2007

I think this link might help you.

try this

http://www.asap-utilities.com/blog/i...of-excel-2007/

all the best
__________________
Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

s.edwaeds wrote:

"s.edwards" wrote:

I double click an Excel file in windows explorer, Excel starts, but the file
doesn't open. Minimize Excel and then maximize and the file is open.

Using 2007. Any help would be appreciated

let me add...

that I've made sure "Ignore other applications" is unchecked and ran the
excel.exe /unregserver and excel.exe /regserver and that didn't make any
difference.

When the file is double clicked, and Excel opens blank, if I minimize the
application to the window bar, the maximize it, the file appears. Then, when
I close the application, there is another version of a blank (ie, no
worksheet) Excel running. Odd.

Enable one of the Excel Add-ins, Solver for instance. That should do the
trick for you.