JohnG

Default Changing Dates

I have a large spreadsheet which includes a Date Column. Each row entry
includes a date. I formatted the Date column to show only M/D (Format Cells,
Date, m/d). Unfortunately, the year in which the row was entered is still
associated with the cell. When I sort based on the date column I get all the
January's together and then February. This is what I want except for when
you get to page 5 or 6, the months start over because the have the default
year.

Can I get rid of the year without having to manually enter ' (note the
apostrophe) in front of each cell entry? If not, is there a way to change
all date entries to include the apostrophe without having to manually change
each cell?

Thanks for your help,

Gord Dibben

John

In a helper column enter =MONTH(A1) and copy down.

Sort by the numbers returned.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP