JohnG

Default Changing Dates

Can you explain how to "use a 2 help columns that extracts integers of the
days and months"?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

A date is a number in excel and all dates have years, so you would either
need to use a 2 help columns that extracts integers of the days and months
and sort by them or use someother representation of the dates

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"JohnG" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet which includes a Date Column. Each row entry
includes a date. I formatted the Date column to show only M/D (Format Cells,
Date, m/d). Unfortunately, the year in which the row was entered is still
associated with the cell. When I sort based on the date column I get all the
January's together and then February. This is what I want except for when
you get to page 5 or 6, the months start over because the have the default
year.

Can I get rid of the year without having to manually enter ' (note the
apostrophe) in front of each cell entry? If not, is there a way to change
all date entries to include the apostrophe without having to manually change
each cell?

Thanks for your help,

Peo Sjoblom

Assume you have 05/17/05 as underlying value formatted as

mm/dd

=MONTH(cell)

will return 5 and

=DAY(cell)

will return 17

then you select all 3 columns and sort first by month then by day (assuming
that's how you want it)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom