Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Links error when insert line/row to source workbook

I have a question regarding links on Microsoft Excel 2003.

If I insert a line into the source spreadsheet, the link on the destination
spreadsheet doesn't work anymore because the cells moved.
The scenario:
On the destination spreadsheet, the link is =[ACME.xls]Sheet1'!A1
But if I insert a line on ACME.xls, making the info in cell A1 move down to
A2, the link on the destination spreadsheet still pulls from cell A1.
How do I ensure that when I insert/delete lines/row, the link still pulls
info from the correct cell?

Thanks
Stella
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have the workbook with the formula/link open and the Acme workbook open
in the same instance of excel, then excel will adjust those formulas (remember
to save when closing).

If that's not possible, you could name the cell in Sheet1 of Acme.xls and use
that name in your formula.

--

Dave Peterson