Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stell88 stell88 is offline

Default Links error when insert line/row to source workbook

I have a question regarding links on Microsoft Excel 2003.

If I insert a line into the source spreadsheet, the link on the destination
spreadsheet doesn't work anymore because the cells moved.
The scenario:
On the destination spreadsheet, the link is =[ACME.xls]Sheet1'!A1
But if I insert a line on ACME.xls, making the info in cell A1 move down to
A2, the link on the destination spreadsheet still pulls from cell A1.
How do I ensure that when I insert/delete lines/row, the link still pulls
info from the correct cell?

Thanks
Stella