Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Symbols used in excel

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel
formulas and what they mean?

I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list would be
great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To get a list of symbols, enter

=CHAR(ROW()) in A1 and copy down to row 255.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"SarahN" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel
formulas and what they mean?

I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list would be
great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not that I know of, sorry.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

"SarahN" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel
formulas and what they mean?

I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list would
be
great.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each version of Excel has the help file organized a little differently.
Keep that in mind and do an Excel help search for "calculation operators" or some variation of that.
There is a pretty good overview available if you can find it.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"SarahN"
wrote in message ...
Great. Is there anywhere that has an explanantion of what the symbols are
used for in excel. or what function they serve.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THanks heaps.

"ozgrid.com" wrote:

Not that I know of, sorry.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

"SarahN" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel
formulas and what they mean?

I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list would
be
great.

.

.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahN View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel
formulas and what they mean?

I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list would be
great.
if you are using excel 2007,
try this, go to insert, choose symbol.... there you find lot of symbols.

short cut is Alt + I + S (I for India, S for singapore)

all the best
Thanks
Bala