Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Symbols

Hi

How do I place a tick symbol in an excel box signifying acceptance of the
conditions.

This is used in a spread sheet check list

It is an English symbol. In USA terminology it may be called a check

I would apreciate any advice given

regards
tiny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click INSERT on the menu & select SYMBOL. The WingDings font has a check
symbol, but you might want to look at other font sets to see variations, the
check in the WingDings font is a check box w/a check mark.

After locating the symbol click to select the character and click the INSERT
command button.
--
Kevin Backmann

"tiny" wrote:

Hi

How do I place a tick symbol in an excel box signifying acceptance of the
conditions.

This is used in a spread sheet check list

It is an English symbol. In USA terminology it may be called a check

I would apreciate any advice given

regards
tiny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cells to Marlett font then enter an "a" in the cell to see a tick.

You could do it with a doubleclick event if you wished.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _
Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B1:B20")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo CleanUp
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Font.Name = "Marlett"
.Value = "a"
End With
Cancel = True
CleanUp:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste into that sheet module.

As written works on any cell in range B1:B20

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP