Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default external data not in a table

I have a worksheet originally created in excel2003 that gets external
data from a db2 database. After migrating to excel2007 the external
data in the worksheet is not in a table (clicking on a result cell
does not make Table Tools appear). When creating a new database
query I find that the results always get put in table. I don't want
the results in a table. How do I make the results of a new query NOT
be a table? And I don't want to break the link to the database since
I update the results periodically.