Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table from External Data?

Hi everyone,

I recieve a lot of Pivot Tables which contain a lot of information, but have
a very small file size! Am I correct in thinking they must be based on
external (database?) data?

If so, how do I go about doing this myself, so that when I send the Pivot
Table to someone it is small in size but contains all of the data?

Many thanks, Phil.

PS. I am using Access 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Phil,

1) open the pivot table assistant (step 3 of 3)
2) open options
3) deselect all data source options
4) delete the sheet with the basic data and save to a new filename

this reduced the filesize in my case from 3885kb to 57kb.