Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas not calculating periodically

I have Office 2003, this started a couple of weeks ago that simple formuls
like Sum or =A1+A2, etc, will not calculate. These are worksheets that work
when I have them open and then a little while later will not work when I open
them again. I can close and not save and then try to open them again and the
formulas will work the next time (sometimes I have to open and close it 4 or
5 times before it works).

It seems to be happening more frequently now.

I checked that autocalculate is checked. Even hitting F9 will not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd try reconstructing the calculation dependency tree; press
CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9.
Note that Excel has one setting for automatic or manual calculation for all
workbooks open in that instance of Excel. The first workbook opened
determines the setting.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"amted88" wrote:

I have Office 2003, this started a couple of weeks ago that simple
formuls
like Sum or =A1+A2, etc, will not calculate. These are worksheets that
work
when I have them open and then a little while later will not work when
I open
them again. I can close and not save and then try to open them again
and the
formulas will work the next time (sometimes I have to open and close it
4 or
5 times before it works).

It seems to be happening more frequently now.

I checked that autocalculate is checked. Even hitting F9 will not
work.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amted88 View Post
I have Office 2003, this started a couple of weeks ago that simple formuls
like Sum or =A1+A2, etc, will not calculate. These are worksheets that work
when I have them open and then a little while later will not work when I open
them again. I can close and not save and then try to open them again and the
formulas will work the next time (sometimes I have to open and close it 4 or
5 times before it works).

It seems to be happening more frequently now.

I checked that autocalculate is checked. Even hitting F9 will not work.
just workaround, to have calculation untill investigation on virus issue

try this code,
go to VBE, double click on "this workbook" and copy this code

the below code forcely makes excel to calcuate whenever you open excel and activate any sheet.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)

all the best
Thanks
Bala