Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
** ** is offline

Default How to Periodically Store/Save Excel DDE Values

I have an Excel DDE file that updates periodically with quotes, portfolio
values, etc.

I want to periodically collect a snapshot of the DDE values and store the
data for review.

So for example let's say the day's high is dynamically updated into cell B1,
I would like to have look at B1 at specified times, retrieve the value of B1
at that time and store it in say cell B2.

I cant seem to find an Excel function or formula tat would achieve this.

Any ideas or tips?

Many Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You would need a VBA routine that copied the values and saved them in
another range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP