Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need to store changing values from one cell

Hi,

I've been reading the posts and couldn't find what I needed.
I have a cell that changes value every second (via DDE). I want to record
the value of that cell in a column where each cell in the column represents
the value for each second.

There are two way I want to do this.

The first is where the DDE value is stored in the column every second. When
the last cell is written, the next write will be back to the top cell and
everything get written over.

The next way is to have the column shift the data down one position every
second.

The problem is, I don't want to do this with VB. I know, I know. It's
unfortunate that because of the actions of some people, we hesitate to use a
really useful feature.

If no one can give answers to this. I'll post it in the "suggestions" for
.... the next Excel upgrade?
--
Emmie Villa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

are the values returned from your dde unique?
what sort of values are they?
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure it is impossible without code depending on what you are
willing to accept as a solution.

Stephen Bullen has a sample file that you may find useful

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

Look at the Chrono.zip description

It is the first item under the Worksheet Functions heading

Tom Ogilvy