Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul paul is offline

Default Need to store changing values from one cell

are the values returned from your dde unique?
what sort of values are they?
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Emmie" wrote:

Thank guys. I was hoping that someone knew a way to do this without VBA.
Seems like a useful feature to have.
--
Emmie Villa

"JLatham" wrote:

Even change via DDE should fire the sheet's _Change() event, right? And that
would make VBA coding pretty minimal, and very effective.

"Biff" wrote:

The problem is, I don't want to do this with VB.

It's impossible to do without VBA (or some other language like C or C++)

Biff

"Emmie" wrote in message

I've been reading the posts and couldn't find what I needed.
I have a cell that changes value every second (via DDE). I want to record
the value of that cell in a column where each cell in the column
represents
the value for each second.

There are two way I want to do this.

The first is where the DDE value is stored in the column every second.
When
the last cell is written, the next write will be back to the top cell and
everything get written over.

The next way is to have the column shift the data down one position every
second.

The problem is, I don't want to do this with VB. I know, I know. It's
unfortunate that because of the actions of some people, we hesitate to use
really useful feature.

If no one can give answers to this. I'll post it in the "suggestions" for
... the next Excel upgrade?
--
Emmie Villa