Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I set up more than 3 conditional formatting?

Hi,
I have 6 different investigation area, one single name each, and I would
like to set 6 different conditional formatting. But I'm not able to set more
than 3.

Any idea how can I manage it?

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use a macro.

What are your conditions / desired formats ??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"Pomodoro" wrote:

Hi,
I have 6 different investigation area, one single name each, and I would
like to set 6 different conditional formatting. But I'm not able to set more
than 3.

Any idea how can I manage it?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gary!
Sorry to answer you late, I supposed to receive a notification mail, but I
didn't.
So, my conditions is like this:
if mycellvalue = "Services" then set cell pattern color to red else
if mycellvalue = "Technology" then set cell pattern color to gray else
if mycellvalue = "Green" then set cell pattern color to green else
if mycellvalue = "Service Innovations" then set cell pattern color to orange
else
and so on for at least 6 different Innovation Areas.

--
Pomodoro

"Pomodoro" wrote:

Hi,
I have 6 different investigation area, one single name each, and I would
like to set 6 different conditional formatting. But I'm not able to set more
than 3.

Any idea how can I manage it?

Many thanks

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomodoro View Post
Hi,
I have 6 different investigation area, one single name each, and I would
like to set 6 different conditional formatting. But I'm not able to set more
than 3.

Any idea how can I manage it?

Many thanks
I think the version you are using excel 2003. It has limitation to allow only 3 formats maxmium

try this link for vba (macro) help

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-cond...ting-limit.htm

all the best
__________________
Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sample worksheet event code for 10 conditions and colors.

Adjust range, vals and nums to suit.

Set r = Range("A1:A100")
If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If
vals = Array("C", "D", "G", "H", "K", "L", "O", "S", "C", "X") 'conditions
nums = Array(8, 9, 6, 3, 7, 4, 20, 10, 13, 15) ' color fill
For Each rr In r
icolor = 0
For i = LBound(vals) To UBound(vals)
If UCase(rr.Value) = vals(i) Then
icolor = nums(i)
End If
Next
If icolor 0 Then
rr.Interior.ColorIndex = icolor
End If
Next
End Sub

This is event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".
Copy/paste into that sheet module. Make your edits then Alt + q to return
to Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP