Denise

Default How do I create a spread sheet w/a numerator/denomenator?

I am creating a spread sheet that has different numerators and denomenators
for each data point. I was going to use "fractions" (i.e. 2/3 = 2 out of 3 is
positive) however it is then converted into simpler terms loosing the
denomenator feature.

Such as 2/4 is then changed to 1/2 so I lose the accuracy of the denomenator.

Any ideas of how I can keep the integrity of both the numerator totals and
the denomenator totals?

Jim May

Enter numerator in B3 --- 2
Enter denominator in C3 --- 3
D3 =B3&"/"&C3 << Displays 2/3

"Denise" wrote in message
I am creating a spread sheet that has different numerators and

denomenators
for each data point. I was going to use "fractions" (i.e. 2/3 = 2 out of

3
is
positive) however it is then converted into simpler terms loosing the
denomenator feature.

Such as 2/4 is then changed to 1/2 so I lose the accuracy of the
denomenator.

Any ideas of how I can keep the integrity of both the numerator totals

and
the denomenator totals?

Denise

Thank you, I will try that...