Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Align

In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the right
in MS Excel spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's the standard for Spreadsheets. Comes in handy when you THINK a cell
houses a number and it's left aligned by default.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Diana" wrote in message
In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the
right
in MS Excel spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
microsoft chose this as default to mimic the real world.
when we write on a piece of paper, we write left to right so text is left
justified.
when we add columns of numbers on a piece of paper, we add the smallest
number on the right of the column first and add right to left. so numbers are
right justified.

regards
FSt1