Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default 2003 Filter and Sort Ascending

I have a database with over 2000 entries. I generated the database in excel
2007, but my clients only have 2003. When they sort the zipcode field in
ascending order in 2003 (using the filter drop-down), the database only sorts
some of the data and not all of it. How do I solve the problem of the filter
sort ascending to capture all of the values in the database?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rob

If full column is selected the sort should be OK.

Don't let Excel guess your sort range. You may have a blank row.

Excel 2003 will show only the first 1000 unique items in the filter
drop-down list.

To find an item not shown you can use Custom.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP