Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sort Ascending Using Auto-Filter Ignores First Row

I am using Excel 2003.
I have a spreadsheet that contains about 80 columns of data.
The first row contains the column heading names.
The second row is blank and contains the auto-filter across all columns.
The third row contains data.

Why, sometimes when I use sort descending or ascending in the auto-filter,
does it ignore the row of data directly under the auto-filter row and sort
the next one?

It also does not do this consistently. Seems to happen regardless of the
data type of the cell. if I delete the blank row and place the auto-filter on
the same row as the column headings it doesn't happen, but I want it the
former way because it is easier to read.

Any explanation?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

After the first heading row, you cannot have a blank row. Delete the empty
row and then perform the AutoFilter again.

Challa Prabhu