Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditonal formatting problem!

Here is what I have:
Ideal Variance Minimum Maximum Actual
5 2 3 7 8
0.00375 0.0025 0.00125 0.00625 0.00725
6 2 4 8 3

The numbers in the Ideal, Variance & Actual columns are typed in values.
The Minimum and Maximum colums are simple Ideal - Variance (for Minimum) and
Ideal + Variance (for Maximum). I am trying to use conditional formatting on
the Actual column to look at the value in the Minimum coloumn and turn it red
if it is less than the Minimum value. My 2nd conditional format on the
Actual column is to look at the value in the Maximum column and turn it blue
if it is greater than the Max value. My 1st cond. format is: cell
value(Actual) <C2 (minimum) and the 2nd format is cell value(Actual) D2
(maximum).

Question: Since this cond. format is place on the entire Actual column, how
do I get the condition to adjust and look at the numbers down the Minimum and
Maximum columns? C3, D3 C4, D4, etc. I tried selecting the entire Minimum
and Max. columns for my condition but it gave a message stating the range can
only be an idividual cell or refer to a function such as SUM(A1:E4). Sorry
for the long post just trying to be thorough.

--
Thank you,
Christine