Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I stop the footer from indenting?

The footers in my spreadsheet seem to be indented differently from the main
spreadsheet margin.

Does anyone know a way to get the footers to align to the same margin as the
data?

(I'm OK if it's a VBA solution too!)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mine showed the left footer was one space to the left of the automatic page
margin, so I put a space in front of my left footer and then it was aligned.
Are you looking at your left footer or your center footer? If it is your
center footer, you would have to add spaces to the right of any text to move
the text to the left. Using spaces is the only way I know to align the
footer text to page margins.

"Michelle" wrote in message
The footers in my spreadsheet seem to be indented differently from the
main spreadsheet margin.

Does anyone know a way to get the footers to align to the same margin as
the data?

(I'm OK if it's a VBA solution too!)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've made the page margins narrower - more space for data, but the footer
margins (left and right) have stayed the same

Does that make sense?

"Michelle" wrote in message
The footers in my spreadsheet seem to be indented differently from the
main spreadsheet margin.

Does anyone know a way to get the footers to align to the same margin as
the data?

(I'm OK if it's a VBA solution too!)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not really an expert on headers and footers, but it has always appeared
to me that they have their own margin settings and that those are fixed.
From my feeble recollections, it seems that I have always had to manipulate
the text in the header/footers for alignment with my page settings. The
exception to the fixed range might be when large fonts are used in the
footers, that it will expand vertically. I'll have to check that our, not
sure if that is true in Excel, but might have been in MS Word. Anyhow, it
is a separate entity from the page object.

"Michelle" wrote in message
The footers in my spreadsheet seem to be indented differently from the
main spreadsheet margin.

Does anyone know a way to get the footers to align to the same margin as
the data?

(I'm OK if it's a VBA solution too!)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming

After playing around with this for a while, I find that if no print area is
set, the default area starts with column A. If data in column A is right
justified and data in the footer is left justified then it can have the
effect of the data in column A being indented. However, if both are left
justified, then my tests show that they will align. Also, If a print area
is specified by the user and both the left column of the print area and the
footer are left justified then they will align. However if one or the other
is not left justified there could be an offset indenture of one to the
other. So, I suppose the answer is to make sure the left column of the
print area and the left footer are both left justified to make them align.