Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default date

Hi,

I have a table if several columns. One of them is Invoice Date. I am using
Pivot Table to compile the data. I am trying to find out how many invoices
were issued in a particular month. First I convert the mm/dd/yy into mm/yy,
but the Pivot Table gave me the result as mm/dd/yy. Then I copied the mm/yy
and past special - value. Still I got mm/dd/yy on my Pivot Table.

Any suggestion in how can I get how many invoices were issued in a
particular month?

Thank you.

Rubem
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Changing the Source Data Format wont reflect in Pivot Table Output, you
should change the field format in the Pivot Table Layout itself.

In your post you didnt mention which excel version you are using.

Excel 2003:-
In your pivot Table Layout WizardDo Double Click on Date FieldSelect
Numbernow you will get Format cells option and now select Custom and give
your desired date format and give Ok.

Excel 2007:-
In your pivot Table Field List Click on Date FieldField SettingNumber
Formatnow you will get Format cells option and now select Custom and give
your desired date format and give Ok.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Rubem" wrote:

Hi,

I have a table if several columns. One of them is Invoice Date. I am using
Pivot Table to compile the data. I am trying to find out how many invoices
were issued in a particular month. First I convert the mm/dd/yy into mm/yy,
but the Pivot Table gave me the result as mm/dd/yy. Then I copied the mm/yy
and past special - value. Still I got mm/dd/yy on my Pivot Table.

Any suggestion in how can I get how many invoices were issued in a
particular month?

Thank you.

Rubem

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXCEL 2007

"Any suggestion in how can I get how many invoices were issued in a
particular month?"

Take the following actions to achieve the above:-

1. Drag your date field (column) into the Values area of the PivotTable
Field List (lower right hand corner).

2. Doing the above should then give you, in your Pivot Table, a Count of
Date column and it is here that you will see the number of invoices issued in
each month.

Thanks.