Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating percentages

I am new at excel. I have inputs done by group 1 of 5410. Inputs done by
group 2 of 2420. So, I have a total of 7830 inputs. How do I calculate the
percentage done by group 1 over group 2?
--
Thanks - Lindamac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use:

=countif(a:a,"group1")
to count the number of "Group1"'s in column A.

=counta(a:a)
will count the number of entries (text, numbers, formulas) in column A.

So maybe something like:
=countif(a:a,"group1") / counta(a:a)
would give you the percentage of group1's

lindamac wrote:

I am new at excel. I have inputs done by group 1 of 5410. Inputs done by
group 2 of 2420. So, I have a total of 7830 inputs. How do I calculate the
percentage done by group 1 over group 2?
--
Thanks - Lindamac

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=5410/7830 returns 69% for group 1

What's left over has been done by group 2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP