Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sort 2 columns alphbetic and make dictionary

I'm Mahmoud from Egypt
and recently joined to ur group
I have a problem with excel file , and need help from u or anyone can help
to solve the problem

I have a dictionary excel file contains 2 columns in about 40 pages
now I need to sort all the data alphbetic

the problem is I can sort only one column and cann't sort the second one
... I tried to put all words in one column and made sort ...but the problem
now I can not devide the words of the dictionary file into 2 columns

can u help me
Thanks
Mahmoud
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataSort by Column A and then by Column B as the second sort Column.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
I'm Mahmoud from Egypt
and recently joined to ur group
I have a problem with excel file , and need help from u or anyone can help
to solve the problem

I have a dictionary excel file contains 2 columns in about 40 pages
now I need to sort all the data alphbetic

the problem is I can sort only one column and cann't sort the second one
.. I tried to put all words in one column and made sort ...but the problem
now I can not devide the words of the dictionary file into 2 columns

can u help me
Thanks
Mahmoud

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd put all the data in one column, do the sort, then split the data again.

Another alternative would be to put the data into MSWord. It has some nice
formatting features (including using multiple columns for displaying your list
of words). And MSWord allows you to sort that list, too.

Mahmoud Mustafa wrote:

I'm Mahmoud from Egypt
and recently joined to ur group
I have a problem with excel file , and need help from u or anyone can help
to solve the problem

I have a dictionary excel file contains 2 columns in about 40 pages
now I need to sort all the data alphbetic

the problem is I can sort only one column and cann't sort the second one
.. I tried to put all words in one column and made sort ...but the problem
now I can not devide the words of the dictionary file into 2 columns

can u help me
Thanks
Mahmoud

--